1383669124000-hue

Nowadays, the light bulb industry is more concerned with getting new green bulbs like LEDs into the consumers shopping cart. The humble light bulb has changed into something more cost efficient and power friendly. The humble Edison light bulb has enjoyed a long lifespan, seeing only modest changes while technologies like television and radio have been drastically revised over time. But the familiar bulb's long, uninterrupted reign could finally be under threat as light-emitting diodes, or LEDs, appear poised to become the new standard. The reason is simple: Traditional incandescent light bulbs lack the efficiency that one would expect of nearly any other piece of modern technology. In fact, about 90% of the energy they use is wasted as heat, with only the remaining 10% actually producing light. Read on at USA Today.

 


Leave a comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.